Functional Movement Assessment
How flexible is your body? Does it help or hinder your rowing and sculling?
Learn how to test yourself and what you need to do to improve.
Our bodies naturally undergo changes in coordination, balance, muscle strength, and joint range of motion as we age.
In this webinar you will learn:
- – The 10 screening exercises
- – Identify the key movements needed for rowing
- – What you may need to give attention to in order to improve your stroke.
- – How to improve your movement through the stroke sequence
You will meet Marlene Royle and Rebecca Caroe of Faster Masters Rowing – expert coaching for masters.
- – Marlene Royle was among the first coaches dedicated to masters rowing. Marlene’s coaching career began in 1982 with the Boston University Summer Recreational Rowing Program. From 1986 to 2005, Marlene coached at the Craftsbury Sculling Center in Vermont and was the head coach at the Florida Rowing Center from 2005 – 2009. Marlene founded Roylerow Performance Training Programs in 1999 to coach masters with customized rowing training programs.
- – Rebecca Caroe is an expert masters rowing coach, and three time rowing entrepreneur. She has served on rowing club management committees from her student club to her masters club. Rebecca enjoys finding new digital tools that could be useful for rowing.
After attending this webinar you will
- – Know how to test yourself
- – Have a set of exercises to improve your functional movement
- – Know where your stroke is limited and how to overcome it
Get the webinar recording
Ticket price $0
This is a pre-recorded webinar. Your ticket gives lifetime access to the webinar recording and resource materials.
In the webinar you will get MORE detail from the presenters on HOW to do each exercise and an ebook with the Functional Movement tests for you to do.
PLUS everything is recorded so you can watch again and study for your own flexibility assessment next year.