Sculling Intensive – 7 day virtual clinic
Getting going in a single scull is hard. It takes good coaching, clear direction and a lot of practice. Use this virtual course to boost your personal practice and do a daily practice with a defined “lesson plan” and daily zoom instruction..
Led by Rebecca Caroe and Marlene Royle, for a one week intensive clinic during which you will up your single sculling skills – guaranteed.
- – Day 1 – Releases
- – Day 2 – Tap Down
- – Day 3 – Recovery
- – Day 4 – Stoke Power
- – Day 5 – Catches
- – Day 6 – Steering and Rigging
- – Day 7 – Debrief and forward planning
- Rebecca Caroe is an expert masters rowing coach, she teaches adult learn to row classes and has developed hundreds of masters into confident scullers in singles and crew boats. Her understanding of how adults learn and clear instruction is the core to learning correctly the first time.
- Marlene Royle has coached masters sculling extensively since 1982. Her ability to communicate and teach adults has helped both competitors and those who focus on health and fitness develop the skills they need to become accomplished scullers.
After attending this intensive clinic you will
- – Have 10 deep dive drills to practice each part of the rowing stroke
- – Know what to do after your stroke “goes wrong” and how to fix it
- – Have a path to your future skills needs
- – Have a library of skills drills videos and the sculling stroke technique manual to keep for ever
Suitable for intermediate rowers and scullers.
If you can already launch a single scull and row for 2 km minimum during a workout, this course is for you.
To participate you need
- You need a 1x single scull and oars for daily practice
- Add boat pontoon floats to a single if you are not yet confident in a fine single scull
- Crew boats are discouraged.
This course runs for 6 consecutive days – all the Zooms are pre-recorded. Watch one zoom every evening and then practice the next day, followed by the next evening zoom to debrief and then learn what to do next day.
You choose whether to join the live event (below) or watch the pre-recorded instruction.
OCTOBER 2022 Live event
We are doing live zooms from Friday 21st October for the EUROPE timezone.
- Europe – Kick off Friday 21st October 2022, conclusion Friday 28th October. 07:00 PM BST / 08:00 PM CEST
Ticket price $275
Your ticket gives lifetime access to the webinar recording and resource materials.
During the course you can use Support tickets and book private zooms to get INDIVIDUAL advice from the coach on HOW to do the drills, how to fix issues and up-skill your self-coaching skills, and make the best of your time in a single scull.
PLUS everything is recorded so you can watch again and study for your single sculling improvement.
If you cannot row every day – don’t worry. Watch webinar and do the lesson in your own time.
PLUS bonus content for download
- The rowing stroke cycle – videos of detailed explanation
- Rowing Drills videos demonstrated by experts.
- Daily workout program to print and take in the boat with you.
“Getting so much out of the course – it’s fantastic! I realized I was rowing with my footstretchers too far away. It made a big difference in being able to feel when my feet disengaged.”
“Just wanted to share my a-ha moments from today’s practice. I went back to the first day, changed my oar length and my inboard. Overall the load felt lighter with the adjustment of the oars. I felt I had more control when I did the stationary drill if I took my time. I was nervous I wasn’t going to be balanced, so I went quicker but when I just focused on tapping down same pressure and timing I did better.”
“Although I’m only through the first two sections of the course, I am getting so much out of it and I’ really glad I signed up. This is an incredible reference. I never had a regular coach and this course feels like having a coach at my side. And the best part is I can revisit the modules after I’ve practiced them to see what I missed / what I understand better. The demo videos you included are super helpful I’ve been to coaching sessions where technique is demoed, but it’s so easy to forget one specific aspect – and there’s no way to revisit it so I love that I can play the videos over again.”