Faster Masters coach Marlene Royle and Exercise Physiologist Connie Lebrun, get together to talk the older female athlete for our Faster Masters audience. A video interview lasting 40 minutes.
The topics they discuss:
- Intro: Please tell our Faster Masters athletes about your sports background, your rowing experience, and your involvement in sports medicine in Canada and women in sport?
- What do you think is remarkable these days in masters women’s sport?
- Let’s talk about some of the effects of aging in female athletes that our Faster Masters women should know about and how exercise influences each area of health:
- Bone health
- Pelvic floor dysfunction
- Digestion & metabolism-what’s a “menopot” ?
- Body image – the waist : hip ratio of 0.74
- Cardiovascular system
- Atrial fibrillation is a topic that receives a lot of attention- what is it?
- Brain volume
- Are there female masters athletes that you find particularly inspiring? Do you have heroes?
- If you had to sum up your advice for masters women rowers in one phrase what would you tell them?