Faster Masters Rowing: General Guide to Age & Experience. Returning to rowing, starting rowing as an older athlete. Can you row aged 20 or aged 90? How to coach masters athletes.
If you are a masters athlete or a coach of masters rowers, this book will help you evaluate and manage the complexities of physical exercise for the older athlete.
– It helps you understand the considerations for your personal programme of training
– How to prioritise your time, your goals for physical exercise
– How each decade of age should be managed in training volume and recovery
– What to expect for athletes returning to rowing after a significant break
– How to row during retirement from paid work. Does age category F stand for “free to row full-time”?
– When to invest in coaching
– Recovery for masters – getting enough rest is not the same as when you’re young
– How to maintain your performance output as you age
– How to adjust workouts to fit your age and recovery state (20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and beyond)
– A self-test quiz to find if you are “Burnt Out” with rowing
– Goal Setting for Masters including the psychology of how you approach goals
– Managing your relationships and rowing – family, friends and crew mates
– The psychological components of injury