fbpx

Finally OTW

• Posted by Glenda on October 5, 2022 at 12:57 pm

I finally got to do lesson 1. I awoke at row o’clock and the winds were down. I found another crew on iCrew that would be practicing. I took that opportunity. The flooding is down enough that I could get my boat to the dock.

1) Finish position is pretty good on the set up

2) Pause to the finish. Wrists were flat and hands separated . They did finish fairly even.

3) High elbows, dropping my elbows is something that I have been trying to overcome all summer. This was a good exercise to reinforce that. Focusing on the elbows while lifting the fingers is something I will revisit.

4) The Left Hand lead fooled me. I thought I had nailed that. But I did find that my cross over benefited.

I did a 5K loop at 2-4 beats below race pace so that I could focus on the finish and how these drills integrated. I think my left hand lead drill was more helpful helping me set up for a good recovery.

rebeccacaroe replied 1 year, 7 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • rebeccacaroe

Organizer
    October 10, 2022 at 10:39 pm

So glad the left hand lead started working for you so quickly. That’s pretty skilled if you can do nearly race pace straight away Glenda!