Get our Covid-19 training programs – There are 2 – one free and one paid-click on the photos
Update 1 April 2020
- UK boat club emoji decipher competition by Thames Tradesmen’s Rowing Club – be sure to read the comments! Part One and Part Two
- Resources to keep your club going remotely
Groups to join
- Stuck at Home Rowing group on Facebook
- Faster Masters Rowing Training discussion group on Facebook
- Masters Rowing International group on Facebook
- RowsandAll – rowing data group for virtual races
Apps and software
- PainSled and RowedBiker apps. Regarding COVID-19, both allow users to work out virtually using existing social fitness games or training platforms like Zwift or Sufferfest.
- Android app BoatCoach for running virtual ergathon events, or even just trying to do a virtual workout with a friend, you can live stream your workout to Facebook with your Concept2 workout stats overlaid. A video of Sander giving live streaming a try and Instructions.
- Nonathlon A platform which puts all the rowers “on the same line” it is a free service. Just create a group and add new members. It does not require any maintenance, everybody just enters their own results there and it gives you points based on your gender, age and weight.
- Ludum platform for coordinating clubs for coaches – free till August
- FitClub – a calendaring app for co-ordinating your group and collecting training results
Races and virtual events
- Daily erg workout Nicola Austin and Ger Sheahan are hosting live trainings EVERYDAY 8am New Zealand Timezone starting from Monday 30th March by Zoom. Make sure you’ve done your mobility and are ready to do the group warm up together. Also, it works best if you can use ear buds, but is also fine without. Join Zoom Meeting Meeting ID: 341 387 934 Password: Lockdown
- Join the virtual ergomarathon event which ends 19th of April. Details from organisers.
- Coronavirus Quarantine Sprints and Endurance Challenge – from Tennessee Indoor Rowing
- Rowing activities for kids at home using Concept 2 by coach Neil Bergenroth
- Home Exercise body weight circuit – thanks to Raf Wyatt who created these resources.
Send us any more useful links to add in.